Sunday, February 27, 2011

Depression

We do get depressed at some point of our lives and no one is exempted. The first time you ever experience it, you struggle what to do or what to feel. But as you get depressed again and again you somehow learn how to cope with it. Each person has a different way on how to handle it. Here is mine:

  1. Listen to loud music especially Rage Against the Machines and Pearl Jam. These bands are my favorites and they are with me everytime I feel down.
  2. Eat a lot. Anything I can grab on, edible that is, I put it in my mouth. I just eat and eat and eat.
  3. I smoke. Yes, I smoke. No one knows even my family and closest friends because I don't let anyone see me when I'm smoking. Sorry Mom!
  4. I write poems. I don't know why but I can compose poems and I feel broken. Not that I can't when I'm happy. Its just that I get driven to write when I'm depressed.
  5. As I always tell myself, I'm a great pretender. I pretend to be happy when I'm not. I pretend to smile when my heart is crying. I pretend that I have moved on while all the while I am grieving.
These are the common things I do when I am depress. How about you?

No comments: